We have to face the facts…another summer is nearing its end. Before we know it, the kids will be back in school and those long summer daylight hours will begin to dwindle down. Now is your last chance to take advantage of some amazing summer programming! With camps, clinics, and gatherings happening all over the country, you still have time to make plans this August. Here are some of the adaptive activities we have our eye on to keep us entertained until fall hits.
Adaptive Events in Your State
- August 8-12 | Women’s Operation Refocus | Birmingham, AL
- August 14-16 | Land Meets Sea Sports Camp | Pomona, CA
- August 25 | Life Rolls On – They Will Surf Again | Huntington Beach, CA
- August 29 | Big Bear Water Sports | Pomona, CA
- August 6-10 | NSCD Kids Adventure Sampler Camp | Denver, CO
- August 8 | Ability Clinic with Glendale Raptors Rugby | Glendale, CO
- August 16 | Corks & Forks | Denver, CO
- August 27-31 | NSCD Adult Adventure Sampler Camp | Denver, CO
- August | Gaylord Specialty Healthcare Adaptive Sports Clinics & Outings | Various locations, CT
- August 6-10 | HSC Adaptive Sports Camp | Berlin, CT
- August 11 | Life Rolls On – They Will Surf Again | Jacksonville Beach, FL
- August 29-September 2 | Adaptive Paddling Conference | McCall, ID
- August 9-11 | NWSA World Series | Kansas City, KS
- August 23-24 | AACO Police Kids Sailing Camp | Annapolis, MD
- August 5 | Life Rolls On – They Will Surf Again | Wildwood, NJ
- August | Adaptive Cycling Clinics | Liverpool, NY
- August 12 | Life Rolls On – They Will Surf Again | Carolina Beach, NC
- August 24-26 | KAOS! State Adventure Weekend | Mt. Union, PA
- August 25 | Summit Challenge | Park City, UT
- August 9-12 | Teen & Young Adults Adventure Weekend | Dover, VT
- August 13-17 | O.R.E. Connections Wellness Camp | Pico Mountain, VT
- August 11 | Life Rolls On – They Will Surf Again | Virginia Beach, VA
- August 11 | Adaptive Children’s Event | Locust Grove, VA
- August | Outdoorsforall Camps & Activities | Various locations, WA
- August 11 & 25 | Footloose Daysail | Seattle, WA
What’s Going On Near You?
We can’t possibly cover every single event happening all over the country, so if our calendar doesn’t feature anything in your state, check with local organizations to see what’s left on their schedule this summer. Whatever you do, don’t sit at home and miss out on sunshine, sport, and socializing with new and old friends this season!
Betsy Bailey has a diverse background including experience in marketing research at American Express, business operations and client relations with 601am, travel and culinary writing with VegDining, and playing volleyball professionally overseas.
Betsy is excited to get back into writing, something she’s adored since childhood, and thoroughly enjoys the process of getting to know her interviewees. On top of her work with Wheel:Life, she also teaches students learning English as a second language, speaks French fluently, and travels any chance she gets!